I’d be Lying if I said I didn’t enjoy One of Us is Lying

One of Us is Lying is the prefect in between for many readers. Credit: Delacorte Press.

If Gossip Girl and The Breakfast Club had a baby with a murderous twist, it would be One of Us is Lying. The book’s anonymous gossip website mixed with an almost club-like murder hangout group makes it the perfect in-between.

One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus will take you on a journey through the lives of five high school students, one of whom is now dead. One of Us is Lying, McManus’ first novel, was written to touch on real-life issues kids are facing including relationship problems, trust issues and many other conflicts. It is an intense murder mystery novel involving investigations, betrayal and romance. 

Follow Bronwyn, Addy, Nate and Cooper as they become prime suspects in Simon Keller’s murder. All of them have secrets, and they would do anything to keep themselves out of the spotlight. 

When police find out that Simon was going to reveal the teens’ deepest secrets, no one is off the hook. 

Bronwyn Rojas is an overachiever with dreams of going to Yale, but could her perfect GPA be fake? 

Addy Prentiss is the “princess” of Bayview High and has been dating her very popular boyfriend Jake since freshman year, but their relationship might not be what it seems. 

Cooper Clay is a varsity athlete destined for greatness, but he has one secret that could make or break his career. 

Nate Macauley is a criminal and a burnout, but as the investigation continues, he falls for Bronwyn, who helps him find the light. 

“I really enjoyed this book,” said Ayden Schlect (‘26). “You could never quite tell who the murderer was.” 

This fun and engrossing murder mystery will keep readers guessing until the end. “I really liked how the characters interacted with each other, and how we were left wondering until the end of the book which was a satisfying end that surprised you,” said Cecelia Miller (‘26). “There was so much mystery and drama that I didn’t want to stop reading. I couldn’t put the book down, it was so good.”

If you like fun mysteries, this is the perfect book for you. Gossip, love and a creepy investigation all come into play: All four of the students were friends with Simon, they all have secrets. 

One of them is most definitely lying.

$0
$500

Your donation will support the student journalists of Skyline High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.