Skyline Girls’ Soccer Gears Up For Another Successful Season

Sofia Nehro jumps to save the ball. Credit: Dana Serlin.

After making it to the district finals in Spring 2023 and ending with a record of 12-5-4, the Skyline Girls Soccer team is back to work in preparation for a strong 2024 season. As tryouts approach, Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshman team rosters will be announced soon [later in March]. 

Moving into this season, eight seniors have graduated. “It will definitely be different without them.  They were an amazing group of players,” said varsity captain Sofia Nehro (‘24). “But I believe that everything we learned from them last year will boost us forward this season.” 

New athletes are being added from junior varsity and veterans are stepping up.  The team anticipates they will adjust and build a strong foundation. “I think our team is already so close with each other socially and that will help us so much during the season,” said Varsity captain Lucy Serlin (‘24). “We came so close to winning districts last year and I think we can do it again this year.” 

Members of the team are looking forward to a strong season. “Playing with the team, and just connecting with them more. Also hopefully winning districts,” said Elle Kierce (‘26).

From Skyline Girls’ Varsity Coach Morgan’s perspective, “this season has a lot of promise. Our team will be led by an experienced group of seniors who have had a huge impact on our program. With their leadership on and off the field, we have great potential.”

Fans can come watch the launch of another highly successful season for the Eagles at the home first game against Saline on April 11th.  

$0
$500

Your donation will support the student journalists of Skyline High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.