Ann Arbor, Michigan
An Eagle Eye On the News

The Skyline Post

The Skyline Post

The Skyline Post

Mocha Q & A

Mocha in a room in the library. Credit: Melissa Scruggs.

Fluffy, soft, and cute: Mocha is Skyline’s therapy dog. She is a sweet and calm mini goldendoodle and is loved by students and teachers alike. According to Interim SLC Principal Terri Patterson, “Our students and staff enjoy having her in the building. Mocha is changing lives.¨

Q: How many students does Mocha see per day?

A: About 10 or 20 students a day. Mocha often lays at their feet, rests her chin on their shoes, and doesn’t leave their side until the student feels better.

Q: Where can you find Mocha?

A: Mocha can mainly be found in the Integrity SLC office on the third floor with Patterson. If Mocha is not with Patterson, then she is in the library, main office, or the other SLC offices. 

Q: When can you walk Mocha?

A: Students in Skyline can walk Mocha during either lunch. However, you must first ask Patterson or Edman for permission.

Q: How can you request to have Mocha in the classroom?

A: Teachers can have Mocha in their class for however long they want; it is up to the teacher and the students that need her. To request Mocha, the teachers must go to the Integrity office and ask for her. 

Q: Why did Skyline decide to get Mocha?

A: COVID-19 had a large impact on student mental health. Skyline raised money to get Mocha to support students and help relieve stress, such as before big tests or exams. She also helps boost confidence and reduce loneliness.

Donate to The Skyline Post
$185
$5000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Skyline High School. Your contribution will allow us to cover our annual website hosting costs.